Monday, July 2, 2012

Change your focus to feel better

     On June 1st this year I set a goal to feel better. I know that we all want to set the goal to lose weight, but I had done that so many times and failed each time. This time I decided to focus on feeling better and having a better attitude by taking small steps and building to bigger steps.
     I started in June by walking and jogging a mile each day for the first two weeks. I initially walked the first third of the mile, jogged the second third and walked and jogged the last third. After two weeks I was able to jog the full mile plus one third. At the end of June I was up to jogging two miles per day.
     On July 1st I completed my first 3 mile jog and I have not done that for 12 years. I am planning to work up to 4 miles per day by the end of July and 5 miles per day by the end of August.
    During this time I have noticed a change in how I feel without worrying about losing weight; however I have lost 30 pounds since June 1st and dropped two pant sizes. Now my workout plan could be aggressive for some of you so you need to consult with a doctor before beginning any workout program.
    You will need to make some diet changes like drinking more water and adding fresh vegetables to your diet.
    The key to any workout plan is to set a true goal that will improve your life. Losing weight is a great goal and will help to improve your life, but you have to feel better about yourself so that you can continue to motivate yourself to workout. If you focus on weight loss and you do not see immediate results, then you may be tempted to give up. 
    Pick a goal and get started. Put the goal in writing and track your progress each day toward that goal. 
    Enjoy yourself and get healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment