Saturday, July 14, 2012

Tracking my progress to a healthier me

     Today I completed 5 days in a row jogging 4 miles. Two months ago I could barely complete 1 mile. I created a plan to reach two miles by the end of May, three by the end of June and four by the end of July. I am now ahead of schedule.
     During this time I have learned to take pleasure in the little accomplishments. I am feeling and looking better now. I have also stopped drinking all soft drinks especially soda and this was not easy to do because I love Mountain Dew, but my health is more important than a drink. I am also limiting the amount of fat intake and even considering the vegan method because several people I know are doing this and they love it.
     Each day I look forward to my exercise sessions and how I feel afterward. You need to enjoy what you do for exercise so you will keep doing it, so pick an activity that you know you will always feel like doing. You will need to add some different activities as you work on your goals and to keep challenging the body, but having at least your go to activity will keep you motivated on a path of getting healthy.
     This is not meant as an advertisement, but I am taking several of the Nature Sunshine supplements. I am doing this because I have cut back on some of my food intakes and do not want to get into a vitamin deficiency. You need to consult with you physician before beginning the exercise and on what supplements you may need.
     Keep your focus, set your goals and enjoy the little accomplishments.
     More to come and will be posting some before and after pictures in the next couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment