Monday, July 16, 2012

Update on my progress to a healthier me

Well, today I did it! I completed my first of many five mile jogs and I feel great. Two months ago I could not complete one mile without stopping six times and then could not walk for three days. Now I am doing five miles and looking forward to the next day.
The trick to exercise is sticking to it and doing it progressively. I worked on moving up to two miles by the end of May, three by the end of June and four by the end of July. I did this each day by just going a little farther each day. It did not have to be a big difference, but I did make sure that there was a positive difference. Taking the little steps does pay off in the end.
Now I am adjusting my schedule because I have exceeded my July goal. I am now shooting for six miles by the end of July and eight by the end of August. While I am doing all of this jogging I am also doing some weight training, stretching and walking. Mix up your activities to keep yourself motivated.
Stay motivated, set your goals and enjoy your success and you will get healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment